Buy to Let
RJS are here to help if you are buying a property that you do not wish to live in but wish to rent to tenants in order to realise an income. This type of transaction is often referred to as “Buy to Let” and you may be buying with or without the assistance of a mortgage.
We can help you with the usual checks that we would recommend when buying any property and can also advise on your Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. We are able to alert you to the potential pitfalls and problems you may encounter with buy to let property and can assist you with finding a suitable letting agent through our connections with local property professionals.
How can we help?
- Prepare and advise on the legal documentation required to transfer a property from one party to another
- Obtain, review and advise on all necessary searches
- Advise on legal and practical issues surrounding the purchase of the property
- Advise on tenancy agreements
- Act on behalf of your mortgage lender and advise on the buy-to-let mortgage documentation
- Liaise with solicitors and estate agents involved in the transaction to provide the best possible outcome for all parties
- Prepare Stamp Duty Land Tax transaction forms and submit the return to HM Revenue and Customs
- Complete the registration formalities with the Land Registry