Buying & Selling at Auction
The process of buying and selling property at auction is different to a standard property transaction and there are often shorter timescales involved. You will need to have everything in order to either buy or sell in advance of the auction.
RJS can prepare the comprehensive legal pack needed to sell your property at auction. The legal pack is made available to potential purchasers prior to the auction to enable them to make enquiries about the property offered for sale.
Buying at Auction
- If you are interested in a particular auction property, we can obtain and review the legal package from the auctioneers in advance of the auction. For a fixed fee, we can provide you with a report on any legal issues which may affect your decision to purchase the property at auction.
- If your bid at the auction is successful, we can act on your behalf and deal with the legal formalities required to complete your purchase to ensure you meet the completion deadline agreed at the auction.
Selling at Auction
- If you are selling a property at auction, we can prepare the legal pack required to give potential bidders as much information about the property as possible. We will ensure that the pack is lodged with the auctioneers in advance of the auction to give buyers sufficient time to make any enquiries.
- We can attend the auction so that we are on hand to deal with the legal paperwork required to secure the contract for sale with the successful bidder.
- We will liaise with solicitors and auctioneers to ensure that the completion deadline is met.