Buying & Selling a Property
Nearly everyone during their life will be involved in some way in buying or selling a property. Property transactions by their very nature can be very stressful, not least of all because there can be numerous parties involved in the property chain. There can also be other factors to consider when moving home such as putting funding arrangements in place, coordinating removals and dealing with utility bills. All of this can add to the stress involved in moving house.
RJS can ease the process of buying or selling your home by providing our clients with a reliable and efficient service.
When purchasing a property, you will want to have as much information as possible about the house you are buying, its history, its value, its condition and any future potential repairs it may require. If you are purchasing with the help of a mortgage, your mortgage lender will require certain checks to be undertaken. If you are buying without a mortgage, a prudent purchaser will want to have as much information available to them as possible before committing themselves to the purchase of a property. We will undertake the necessary checks and searches to make sure that you will have a good and marketable title to the property. RJS can also deal with the formalities of registering your ownership of the property at HM Land Registry.
If you are selling a property either to move into another property or to release capital for other purposes you will need a solicitor to deal with the legal formalities of selling your property.
RJS offer a fixed fee service for handling property transactions and whilst we do not compete with the budget, factory style conveyancing practices, we pride ourselves on offering our clients excellent customer service with a personal touch to ensure that our clients’ needs are met throughout what can be a very challenging time.
How can we help?
- Obtaining, reviewing and advising on searches which reveal any matters that may affect the property you are buying
- Advising on legal and practical issues surrounding the sale or purchase of the property and preparing the legal documents required to transfer the property
- Acting on behalf of any mortgage lender and advising on the mortgage documentation
- Liaising with solicitors and estate agents involved in the transaction to provide the best possible outcome for all parties
- If you are buying a property we can advise on any Stamp Duty Land Tax payable, complete and submit the SDLT return to HM Revenue and Customs
- Dealing with registration formalities at the Land Registry
- Advising on what will happen to your property if you die