Right to Buy
If you live in a property owned either by the local authority or a housing association and have done so for some years, you may have the right to buy your property for a reduced price. This type of purchase is often referred to as a “Right to Buy” and we can assist you in purchasing the property in much the same way as a standard purchase would proceed.
Whilst a Right to Buy purchase proceeds in much the same way as a normal purchase, there are additional factors that will need consideration. There will not be an estate agent involved but we will need to liaise with the local authority or housing association and they will have their own list of requirements in order to facilitate the sale.
How can we help?
- Check and approve the legal documentation supplied by the local authority or housing association on your behalf and comply with their requirements in the sale of the property
- Obtain, review and advise on all necessary searches
- Advise on the legal and practical issues surrounding the purchase of the property
- Act on behalf of any mortgage lender and advise on the mortgage documentation
- Advise on any Stamp Duty Land Tax payable, complete and submit the required transaction forms to HM Revenue and Customs
- Deal with the registration formalities at the Land Registry