We work hard to ensure we create a professional and friendly working environment, and our employees are by far our greatest asset!
We challenge our staff to perform at their highest levels whilst developing their careers in a supportive and collegiate environment. We are always looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to help us drive our plans forward.
We also offer a two-year Graduate tailored training program, for which we pride ourselves on providing an exceptional training experience with a complete, balanced introduction to the legal profession.
We are always looking for talented and dedicated people with the right qualifications and approaches to join the RJS team.
For more information on the opportunities we can offer, please contact email@example.com
Why Work for Us?
- RJS offers a real alternative to pursuing your career in a regional practice whilst retaining a culture of which we are all proud.
- We work as a team, not as individuals.
- We are open, honest and supportive of our staff.
- We focus on providing legal advice to businesses, their owners and their families.
- We believe we have a unique place in the legal market in Staffordshire and beyond.
Quality of Work
- Our clients range from start-ups to large plc’s (both unquoted and quoted).
- We act for over 5000 businesses alongside their owners.
- In the last few months, we have completed a significant number of corporate deals with enterprise values between £5 million and £50 million. Usually, and usually find ourselves on the other side of large national practices.
- We have completed, to our knowledge, the only crowdfunding raise in 2022 in Staffordshire.
- Our Dispute Resolution Team have a reputation for dealing with significant and complex matters, for example, acting on warship litigation for a FTSE 250 client alongside a varied commercial caseload.
- Our property team predominantly act for pension funds, commercial Landlords or BTL investors and have grown year on year. We are not panel lead and do not undertake mass conveyancing.
- We have experience in high-level sports-related work and act for a number of local and national sports people.
- Stoke on Trent is the recipient of the largest levelling-up award, and there is significant redevelopment within our six towns. We act for a high proportion of the Private Landowners and Developers in the city.
- A recent example is leading the way with the Local Authority in the deal to purchase and redevelop Hanley, Newcastle and Tunstall Libraries with a G.D.V. of over £40 million.
- We are growing year on year 2021-2022, showed 18% growth in fees, and we are anticipating further growth of 20% in the year 2022-2023
Quality of Life
- When we started RJS, we understood that work-life balance was key, and that remains our core value. Our founders work hard but also remain family focused.
- That culture has flourished, and, indeed, many of us still do the nursery/school run, but without losing the ambition and drive lawyers enjoy.
- Our targets are realistic, achievable and, most importantly, determined by you (on average, 1,000 billable hours a year). There is total support to achieve these from all parts of the business. And if your child is ill or you need an emergency appointment, it is never a problem.
- Regional firm base salary
- Individual bonus opportunities
- Matched pension contributions
- 25 days plus bank holidays
- Opportunity to purchase 5 additional days
- Hybrid working and Flexible working patterns by agreement
- Access to private GP for you and your family
- WPA healthcare scheme for you and your family
- 4 x life cover
- Free Parking
*Qualification periods may apply